Open Mon thru Fri 8:30 - 6:00, Saturday 8:30 - 4:00, closed Sunday

Our History

The grandparents of the current owner, Mike Pekarski, opened Pekarski’s Sausage in 1948, originally as a custom slaughterhouse for local farmers.

By the late 1950s and early 1960s, to enhance the business, they began making sausage and smoking meats. Initially, they used meat from animals they had produced themselves nearby. As the business grew and they were unable to keep up with demand, they began buying whole cuts of pork and never using trimmings, a practice that continues today.

A complete renovation took place in the late 1980s, giving rise to the Pekarski’s Sausage you see today. New smokehouses were installed in 2007, with larger, more efficient chambers that allow us to smoke larger batches, particularly during the holiday seasons, when the demand for hams is especially high.

As we move into the future, we will continue to provide the sausages and both smoked and nonsmoked meat products that have made us something of a "landmark" in the area.